Are you looking for the best steam iron that is going to be able to tackle all of your ironing needs? If you are tired of having wrinkled clothes, or battling an old iron that doesn’t seem to do the job that you need it to, you should look for a new steam iron. There are a lot of steam irons that you can find, but it can be difficult to know which one is going to be the best for you.
Of all of the brands that are available in steam irons, some people choose one of the most common brands like Rowenta or Panasonic. There are a lot of other kinds that could be the best steam iron for you. When you are looking for a new steam iron, you can find them in stores and compare them. You can also compare them online and read the reviews of people who have tried them. You may find that you find one that has better features, or has more functions that you are looking for.
When you do begin to look for the best iron for clothes, you want to first decide what you are going to be using it for the most, and what kind of features you want it to have. Depending on the brand and the type of steam iron, you may find one that has different temperature settings for different kinds of fabric. Once you know what kind of fabrics you are going to be using it on the most, you can begin to look for the best steam iron to do the job.
Steam irons are handy to have around, and they often do a much better job at pressing clothes than a regular iron does. Most people who have used a steam iron say that it is the only one they need. When you need to find the best steam iron to do all of your pressing, you can compare the ones that are available and decide what works the best for you. You may find that one works best for certain types of fabrics that you need to do the most work with. You can shop online for the best steam iron, and you can get all of your clothes looking pressed and neat quickly and easily with a steam iron.
Steam Irons Types
Today the best steam irons make ironing a breeze. No more heating up a piece of steel and placing it on your garments. Modern technology has made removing wrinkles from your clothes a fairly easy task. However, because there are so many make, model and brands it can be a challenge to pick out the best steam irons. Let’s look at some of the types of steam irons.
Travel Steam Iron
Most clothes are wrinkled once they are packed in a suitcase, so a travel steam iron is a necessity for the frequent traveler. This type of iron is light weight and compact so that will fit in your luggage. They come in a variety of colors and can range from the simple steam to more complex features such as having dual voltage. Some of them can be used while your clothes are on the hanger.
Cordless Steam Irons
A cordless steam iron is (yes, you guessed it) a steam iron without a cord. The benefit of this type of iron is that you don’t have to spend time readjusting your clothed and no matter how your item is positioned it will not get tangled in the cord. You would think that this would make ironing go faster, but most consumers have found that the ironing time remains the same. One of the drawbacks of a cordless iron is that it doesn’t stay hot during the entire ironing session and need to be put back on the base for reheating.
Professional Steam Iron/Steam Press Iron
A professional s team iron also called a steam press iron eliminates he need for a handheld iron and ironing board. It allows you to press a large volume of clothes very quickly. As the name implies this type of iron is usually found in a cleaners or other commercial site. However, there are some small electric models thatconsumers are starting to purchase for their homes.
Steam Irons Buyer’s Guide
If you have decided to buy a steam iron online from any manufacturer it is strongly advisable to first read real customer reviews of any iron that you wish to buy. It is possible that you already have finalized a certain brand in your mind and are willing to find out more about it’s performance. Real customer reviews can help you in a long way to save money and get a great steam iron with the best price deal.
Most steam iron reviews will help to understand some of the following things :
- How much time does the steam iron take to heat up?
- How long does the iron remain heated even after switched off?
- How heavy is it?
- How much water does the steam iron can carry in its container?
- How often does the water reservoir needs to be filled up?
- How many clothes can be iron in a single reservoir fill?
- Does it have an auto-shut-off feature?
- Does a particular steam iron model has a cordless version available?
- Which manufacturer has the most number of steam iron models to choose from?
- Which is the most popular steam iron in the market today?
- Does the manufacturer respect guarantees and warrantees as promised during the purchase?
- Which is the best manufacturer as far as customer service and consumer complaints are concerned?
- What happens if you purchase a steam iron and you end up getting a broken part?
- So there are many things which steam iron reviews can tell you so that you don’t end up buying the wrong model.
How Much Does A Steam Iron Cost?
A steam iron is a kind of home appliance which we use everyday. Many reviews are available online with various manufacturers and their steam iron models. I did some study and found that Steam iron costs range from $25 to more than $200.
However the best selling steam irons are the ones with good ratings and performance. The most popular steam irons are between $50 to $100.
Most Important Features ?
Reading real steam iron reviews written by real people can solve you problem of find the best steam iron in the marker today. But there is a way to read these reviews. If a steam iron has a big customer reviews but poor ratings then it’s a total waste of time in investing such an iron.
The best steam iron is the one which has more number of customer reviews as well as good quality ratings. many people rate the products based on the overall performance of the product which may include
- It’s performance
- It’s price
- Customer support from the manufacturer.
- It’s durability (ability to perform in the long run)
So while deciding the best steam iron make sure to read the “ratings” along with the reviews so that you get the best deal for the amount of money you are spending.
Which Are The Most Popular Steam Iron Brands ?
Many great brands of processors are available today however here is a list of many popular ones that you can consider.
- Black & Decker
Best Steam Iron to Buy in The Market Today
Rowenta is a home appliance company that in the United States is most well known for its steam irons. The irons and steamers made by Rowenta are known for their top of the line quality and amazing results.
The Rowenta DW5080 steam iron is one of the irons available in the U.S. for consumers who are interested in professional ironing results from the comfort of home. This powerful steam iron not only provides amazing ironing results, it also looks sleek and suits any home décor scheme.
The Rowenta DW5080 is a stainless steel iron with a sleek and angular design. Though the shape looks like an iron, the Rowenta iron has more precise angles for a more interesting shape than other brands. In a word, the design and appearance of the iron is beautiful.
About the Rowenta DW5080 Steam Iron
The Rowenta steam iron features a non-stick soleplate made from a mixture of iron and stainless steel. Since the soleplate is a non-stick plate, the iron is easy to glide and move over any type of material for smooth ironing results. The mixture of iron and stainless make the soleplate heat up quickly, hold heat well and look better than a plain iron soleplate. The 400 steam holes on the steam plate are the key to professional looking results. The holes are perfectly spaced for even steam distribution.
The electronic temperature control unit features an LED screen that makes it easy to determine if the heat is appropriate for the fabric. The LED screen shows a red light if the temperature is too hot and will harm your fabric. The yellow light shows that the temperature is too low and the wrinkles will not come out. A green light means that your temperature is the perfect balance of heat and steam to remove the wrinkles without harming the fabric. This model aside the Rowenta DW9280 Steam Force are reviewed and rated as the best Rowenta irons for clothes.
The precision tip on the iron, which is sharply tapered and ideal for getting hard to reach areas, delivers steam as efficiently as the rest of the iron. As a result, it is perfect to steam those difficult areas of your cloths such as the collar of a shirt or around the buttons on your outfit.
The steam selection options on the Rowenta DW5080 steam iron are perhaps one of the greatest features. Owners can select a large amount of steam to remove those stubborn wrinkles, variable steam to match the appropriate steam to the fabric or even vertical steam to iron out those hanging drapes. With the 10 ounce water tank, the Rowenta steam iron will iron several items or even large drapes with ease and will not require refilling in the middle.
Perhaps one of the most interesting features of the iron is the self-cleaning feature. Turn on the cleaning system and allow the steam iron to blast out any minerals or deposits. Consumers never need to figure out a method of cleaning the iron.
The Rowenta iron features a comfortable grip handle and a soft-touch rear that makes it stable while set back on heel.
Overall, the Rowenta DW5080 is the perfect iron for almost any household. It has an auto shut off for safety, so owners never need to worry about accidentally leaving it on and the comfort grip is perfect for those who have arthritis and feel uncomfortable using a harder handle. The powerful steam action and the stainless appearance make it suit almost any household décor style and needs.
Features and Benefits of the Rowenta DW5080
- A sleek design suits almost any household décor style.
- The non-stick soleplate glides easily over any fabric.
- Iron and stainless steel in the soleplate provide long lasting heat.
- 400 steam holes that are distributed for even steam distribution. This even distribution creates professional results.
- A temperature control dial with an LED screen makes it easy to determine the appropriate temperature for your fabric.
- A sharp precision tip is ideal for hard to reach areas like collars or pockets.
- Three steam options are perfect for most household needs. It even has a vertical steam option for hanging fabric.
- The 10 ounce water tank provides enough water to steam large amounts of fabric.
- Non-drip technology protects against water dripping and ruining the fabric.
- The iron is self-cleaning so owners will not waste time working on cleaning the Rowenta iron.
- An auto-shut off feature provides improved safety around the house.
- The comfort grip is perfect for most households and feels comfortable while using the steam iron.
Pros of the Rowenta DW5080
- A large amount of steam gets out wrinkles faster than other models. For those with linen or cotton wardrobes, ironing time is often cut in half due to the steam.
- The iron glides easily over all fabric types. It will not stick to fabric and burn it.
- The Rowenta steam iron gets very hot. Unlike competitors, whose irons might not heat up enough, the Rowenta DW5080 is hot enough for any fabric.
- The DW5080 is a heavy duty iron. It is perfect for even the most stringent household needs.
- Consumers can get professional ironing results without leaving the home.
- The LED display shows when the unit is ready to iron.
- The iron is a comfortable weight for most individuals at 3.9 pounds.
- The size is perfect for household ironing needs. 10.5 inches long by 3.5 inches wide and 5 inches tall is ideal for ironing anything from shirts and pants to household curtains.
- The iron comes with a one-year warranty.
Cons of the Rowenta DW5080
- Some might feel the steam is excessive. The iron produces a large amount of steam. For some it might seem too much.
- The iron gets very hot. For some individuals, the heat might seem too much for comfort.
- The large water reservoir adds to the weight. For some individuals it might make the iron seem heavy.
- Since the Rowenta DW5080 steam iron has an auto-shut off feature, it does not have an on-off button. For some, the lack of an on-off button is disliked.
Overall, the Rowenta steam iron is a great buy for any household. It has amazing features such as three types of steam, a comfort grip and a precision tip that make the iron worth the purchase price. Most consumers find that the steam iron is better than they anticipated.