Oils are being used in our beauty routine more and more and each one of these oils has their own unique quality. I recently received a bottle of Organic Rosehip Oil to review. For those of you that have never heard of the oil or what this oil does to the skin, here are a few facts about it:
Organic Rosehip Oil:
- It's a natural anti-aging facial treatment that contains vitamin C + A.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles - Vitamin C and Lycopene antioxidants promote healthy cell development that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also protects the skin from free radicals which lead to premature aging.
- Reduces Scars and Burns - This oil contains high levels of essential fatty acids which cannot be naturally reproduced by our bodies. The oils helps to heal and speed up skin regeneration to reduce the appearance of scars and burns. Naturally occurring vitamin A in Rosehip Oil helps heal and improve scar tissue that's left behind from acne, dermatitis and psoriasis scarring.
- Re hydrates Skin - The essential fatty acid work to lock in the moisture in your skin keeping it hydrated, soft and supple.
- Even Skin Tone - Repair your skin discoloration and repair the damage caused by the environmental stresses such as UV damage that's caused by overexposure to the sun. Hyper-pigmentation and age spots can be dramatically reduced with continued used.
- Strengthens Nails and Hair - Use this oil to replenish dry and brittle hair and add shine and smoothness. You can also nourish your nails and cuticles to prevent any hangnails from forming along with preventing breakage.
Some Key Ingredients:
Fatty Acids – Oleic acid or omega-9 is incorporated in moisturizers to keep your skin soft and hydrated. Essential fatty acids – linoleic (omega-6) and linolenic (omega-3) are important components of cell membranes. They allow nutrients to enter the cells and wastes to exit. The lack of essential fatty acids can cause your skin to suffer from dryness and premature aging.
Vitamin C – This powerful antioxidant protects our skin from free radicals developed due to excess exposure to the sun and environmental pollution that leads to wrinkles. Vitamin C boosts the production of collagen and rejuvenates your skin by restoring its elasticity giving it a youthful and healthy looking glow. It also plays an important role in improving the health of your hair and nails. Vitamin C promotes hair growth and nourishes your nails to prevent breakage.
Vitamin A – The naturally occurring vitamin A in Rosehip Oil helps combat wrinkles, sun damage, minor discoloration, hyper-pigmentation and uneven skin tone. Additionally, this potent vitamin works wonders on treating all kinds of scar tissue and burns. Although vitamin A and vitamin C offer similar skin care benefits, the combination of both on your skin leads to “complexion perfection”.
Here's what I have to say:
To be honest, I like the Rosehip oil, but it just doesn't really seem to work that well with my skin. I've been using oils on my skin for quite some time now and the one oil that seems to work best is Argon Oil. I don't know if it because I've gotten used to one oil that I don't see much of a difference or the oil isn't meant for my skin.
There has also been a couple times where I did wear the oil and I broke out a bit... Since then my acne won't go away. There was also a bit of irritation on my skin as well and with having sensitive skin, there's not much you can really do other than watch what you use. I can say that this product does help with my hair and of course any scars that I have. I've had some pretty awful scars from my past and the oil helped to reduce the appearance. That's helped me out a lot! Other than that, there's not much I can really say about the product. It's great for scars like it mentions and it's nice on the hair, but it's not that great if you have sensitive skin.
If you are looking for a more natural product that helps reduce wrinkles and the appearance of scares, you can find Valentina's Rosehip Oil on Amazon
Disclaimer: Products were received for free and reviewed by me. I am honest about what I say and I will not say I like something when I do not. I mention products and/or services that I like for my readers. I am giving my opinion based on what I reviewed.